About this Project
Inclusion by Design is a conference (October 28-29, 2019 in NYC) hosted and curated by amazing.community, a non-profit organization whose mission is to expand the work horizon for women over fifty. Inclusion by Design will provide a platform for women 50+, business leaders, and anyone else who is passionate about inclusive workplaces to meet, learn new skills, form relationships, and brainstorm strategies and solutions for collaboratively building an inclusive future of work.
Day 1 of the conference includes capability-building sessions to increase your confidence, develop your brand, and learn how to design and build tools to inspire an inclusive and accessible workplace. Day 2 features thought-leaders and experts in technology, longevity, media, and education who will be exploring how women 50+ can claim their place in the future of work. Both days also include opportunities for networking and experiential learning in a space generously provided by PwC at 300 Madison Avenue, NYC.
- Raise Awareness – Understand the urgency of taking actions to support women 50+ in returning and staying in the workforce
- Co-Create – Learn about practical steps you can take in your organization, community, and personal life
- Build Capabilities – Develop new skills via hands-on experience
IRC4HR® is pleased to be a sponsor of this important program.
- Stela Lupushor, Founder and Chairperson of the Board of Directors of amazing.community
- Stela founded amazing.community to address a growing barrier that older women are facing in joining or rejoining the workforce; their experience and wisdom are not as valued as others in the job market. Stela’s mission in establishing amazing.community is to prepare older women for the modern workplace and expand their work horizon.
Stela is also the founder of Reframe.Work Inc., a consulting firm advising organizations on workplace inclusion in order to bring resiliency and access to talent in an environment disrupted by demographic shifts, technology, value chain disintermediation, and human behavior evolution. Previously she led the analytics function and worked in a variety of management consulting roles at several Fortune 100 companies. She is a sought-after speaker on the topics of People Analytics and the Future of Work and holds a diploma in Mathematics and Computer Science from Universitatea de Stat din Moldova.
- Leslie Faerstein, Executive Director of amazing.community
- Leslie has a long history in nonprofit administration in mental health, arts, and healthcare and voluntarism for urban high school students. She has a small private psychotherapy practice and has recently been lecturing and writing on Women, Aging and Body Image.